Tuesday, December 1, 2009

balderdash

today i went to my city's courthouse. i went with my boyfriend so he could pay a traffic fine. we had to go through a metal detector in order to enter the building. we snickered as we removed our rings necklaces bracelets and coats and smirked at each other when the alarms rang regardless. the attendant ordered us to take off our shoes. another waved a "wand" to ensure we hid no weapons. as we finished this procedure a man behind us in line leaned over to his wife and hissed "what SLOBS! with no respect!" i didnt hear this but my boyfriend told me later and we agreed it was unfortunate. yes i wore stretch pants a large tshirt moccasins and fake fur and my associates denim was beyond a little frayed but we both showered yesterday and we carry clean hearts and for a man to denounce us because of these superficial imperfections and to curl his lips at youth sharing a laugh hardens me a little and makes me think "fuck you dude." maybe we should have been better prepared for this strenuous operation. maybe we will be next time. maybe when we stop taking life so soberly and remember WE'RE ALIVE!!! our steps will have more meaning, my steps, yours too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment